Apartments right on the coast in Croatia
Sedam Bisera Apartments are located near to Split airport and Marina Kaštela. 
Island ferries from Split and Trogir are just few minutes drive away. 

Museums and Galleries 

The Archeological Museum
Address: Zrinsko - Frankopanska 25, Split
Opening hours: every day except Monday from 09.00-13.00 Sundays from 10.00-12.00, in addition during Summer from 16.00-19.00.
Founded in 1820, the Archaeological Museum in Split is the oldest Museum in Croatia. It has a large stock of archaeological objects from prehistoric times, from the period of the Greek colonization of the Adriatic and from the Roman, Early Christian and early Medieval ages. Most of the monuments come from the region of central Dalmatia, to be more and especially from Salona (Solin). Very important are collections of stone epitaphs from Salona (about 6.000 of them), of Greek Hellenistic ceramics, of Roman glass, of clay lamps, of objects made out of bone, metal, and of gems. The Museum has a large collection of Antique and Medieval coins. The Museum also has a large library with about 30.000 books on archaeology and history as well as on Dalmatica (books, journals dealing with themes from the history of Dalmatia). Since 1878 the Museum has issued its own journal "Bulletin for Dalmatian Archaeology and History". The beginning of archeology in Croatia is connected with the Archaeological Museum. Its long-time director Frane Bulic. The First lnternational Congress of Early Christian Archaeology was held in solin and Split in 1894, became world renowned. The building housing the Museum was built according to the project of the Viennese architects A. Kirstein and F. Ohmann from 1912 to 1914. The Museum exhibition was renewed in 1970 on the occasion of the 150 anniversary of its existence. Stone monuments (sculptures, epitaphs) are exibited in the portico of the lapidarium; the chronological succession of cultures from prehistory to the Early Middle Ages is displayed in the exhibition hall. There is a guide-book to the Museum in Croatian and English.

The Museum of Croatian Archaeological Monuments

Address: Setaliste Ivana Mestrovica bb, Split  
Opening hours: Every day except Monday from 09.00-15.00 Sundays from 10.00-12.00 and from 17.00-19.00 during Summer.
The Museum of Croatian Archaeological Monuments was founded in Knin in 1893. After WW II it was moved to Split and since 1976 it has been in the present building. The Museum has a rich collection of Early Medieval stone monuments and collections of weapons, tools, jewellery, coins and objects of everyday usage. Of special importance are the epigraphic monuments from the IXth to the XIIth century where we find engraved the names of Croatian kings and other eminent dignitaries. These represent an extraordinarily rich "archives in stone", rare in the Europe of the time. The preserved stone monuments are in mostly segments of altar partitions and of other furniture of the pre-Romanesque churches in Croatia. Numerous findings from old Croatian graves offer abundant material for research of the economic, cultural and political life of the Croatian people during the Early Middle Ages. Swords, spears, knives, arrows, axes and spurs have been found in graves of warriors, all of which, according to their make, belong to the Carolingian cultural circle. The most numerous grave findings are different froms of jewellery: earings, rings, necklaces, diadems, buttons and such-like. These can be sorted into a number of types encompassing a long span of time from the VIIth to the XVth century and are, for the most part, products made in local workshops and by native masters. Findings of gold Byzantine and other Medieval coins are also valuable. In the area around the Museum foundations of three basic types of pre-Romanesque churches from old Croatian times and a number of standing tomb-stones from the XIVth and XVth centuries are displayed recalling the appearance of a necropolis of that time. The Museum issues its own journal. There is a guide-book to the Museum in Croatian and English.

The City Museum of Split

Address: Papaliceva 1,Split
Opening hours: Every day except Sunday from 09.00-13.00 on Thursdays from 09.00 -17.00.
The City Museum of Split was founded in 1946. It is located in the northeastern part of Diocletian's palace, within the complex of Medieval buildinqs at whose center is the Gothic palace of the Papalic family designed and built by the native master Juraj of Dalmatia and his stonecarvers and builders circle. Beautifully excuted are the courtyard with its richly decorated portal and loggia, the first floor hall with its lavish four-light, two-light and one-light windows and with the well preserved wooden ceiling. The Renaissance building with a fine window decoration completes the ensemble of the courtyard. Inside, the permanent museum exhibition relates a segment from the history of the city, the period when Split was an autonomous city commune (XIIth-XlVth centuries). The city statute, seal and coins and the Romanesque sculpture from the belfry of the cathedral stand out among the exhibits. Within the period of Venetian rule (XVth- XVlth centuries), a central place is given to the Marulic's literary circle. Mention should also be made of Libro d'Oro, Gothic-Renaissance coffers. In the armoury are exhibited the weapons from the XVth to the XVIIIth centuries, used for the defence of Split.

The Ethnographic Museum

Address: Iza Vestibula 4, Split
Opening hours: From 08.00-13.00,  Thursdays from 17.00-19.00, Sundays and Holidays from 10.00-12.00.
It was founded in 1910. The ethnography of the whole of Dalmatia is on show. The most typical costumes of the region, some of which excel with their embroidery, are exhibited (the pieces from Ravni Kotari, Knin, Vrlika, Imotski, Poljica). Some feature a characteristic white embroidery (from Sinj, the Dalmatian hinterland) or lacework (from Primosten, Novigrad and Pag). Various trades are on display in the museum: pottery, knitting, handiwork (woodcarving, basketry, the making of footwear). The museum presents the basic froms of economic life. One can also see Various instruments, silver jewellery and types of weapons. From time to time the museum issues its own publications.

Treasury of Split Cathedral

Address: Kraj sv Duje 5
Opening hours: Sundays from 11.00-12.00, June and September from 10.00-12.00 and
July and August from 08.00-12.00 and from 16.00-19.00.
The treasury contains an exceptionally valuable and precious collection of sacral artworks. On display are ob jects from the qoldsmith trade from the XIIIth to the XIXth century, paintings on panel from the XIIIth century, mass vestments from the XIVth to the XIXth centuries and famous books from the period between the VIIth and XIth centuries. Of the latter, mention should be made of the Book of gospels (VIth century), the Supetar charater (XIth century) and the Hishria Salonitana by Thomas the Archdeacon from Split (XIIIth century). The Gallery has a guide catalogue.

The Collection of thr Franciscan Monastery in Poljud

Address: Poljudsko setaliste 17, Split - Open by agrerement.
The collection was founded in 1963. It displays manuscripts with miniatures and incunabula from time of Marko Marulic as well as church artworks: paintings, products of goldsmiths and woodcuts from the XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries Tombstones from the period spanning the XVIth and XVIIIth centuries and fragments of Early Medieval stone carvings. The portrait of the humanist and diplomat Toma Nigris by Lorenzo Lotto merits special attention.

The Art Gallery

Address: Lovretska 11, Split
Opening hours: Every day, from Monday to Saturday, from 09.00-12.00; Summer from 17.00-19.00 and Winter from 16.00-18.00.
The Gallery was founded in 1931. There is a permanent exhibition of paintings and sculptures from the XIVth century to the present day. From time to time contemporary artists exhibit their works. Because of their artistic ex ellence one should mention the works by Andrija Alesi and Juraj Culinovic from the XVth century, by Andrija Medulic from the XVIth century, by Matej Poncun and Frederik Benkovic from the XVIIth century and the paintinqs of the Gothic Renaissance an Baroque Venetian masters. Valuable icons from the XVth to the XIXth century are on display. Of special importance are the icons from the period between the XVIIIth-XIXth century which were painted by masters from Boka Kotorska. The most numerous works are those of the Croatian artists Bukovac, Medovic, Deskovic, Mestrovic, Vidovic and Job.

Mestrovic Gallery

Address: Setaliste I. Mestrovica 46, Split
Opening hours: Summer (1 May - 30 September): Tuesday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Winter: (1 October – 30 April): Tuesday to Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Closed: Monday, public holiday
The Gallery was founded on a donation from Ivan Mestrovic. It was opened in 1952 in the building Ivan Mestrovic had built according to his own plans from 1931 to 1939. The buildinq was intended as a combination of residential quarters, exhibition halls and ateliers for artists. Mestrovic lived here up to WWII. The largest collection of Mestrovic's works from all of his phases is deposited in the Gallery. Bronze sculptures are on display in the park. Artworks out of marble, stone, wood, bronze, oil paintings and an assortment of drawings are on display in the halls of the gallery. A part of Mestrovic's work is exhibited in the Kastelet, once the summer house of the old Split family Kavanjin - Copogrosso from the XVIIth century. Mestrovic renovated the summer house and in the chapel he exhibited a cycle of the works he had been working of for 40 years.
Manifo.com - how to create a free website